Wednesday, May 26, 2010

AFLAC Iron Girl

Logan with his cheer sign.

Harry was a big help during the bike rack day!


Port a Jane...cost me extra time during transition...if only I could pee in my wetsuit at the end of my swim!


Girls Gone Iron!


Deanna and I...minutes before the race start...
I have always been intrigued by triathlon event such as Iron Man but always thought "No way, those are for the hard-core, I could never do anything like that!" Wrong...sorta... In 2003, I had heard about "Sprint Distance Triathlons", although they have varying distances, they are similar to the traditional "Tri" events. First you swim, next you ride, and finally you run. I began training in late 2003 and in late March I decided that perhaps it wouldn't be wise to continue, I was pregnant with Logan and running was miserable with the extra load up front. Two years later I thought I'd give it another try but as luck would have it...I got pregnant, this time with twins! Anyway, early this year I decided that no matter what, I wanted to do it Before I turned 40! Now with the race behind be I've come to the realization that anyone could do it as long as they have the desire and discipline. The third finisher was 50 and there were a few 60+ gals out there too. Shockingly, there was also a majorly pregnant gal, she had to be at least 8 months! In retrospect it was probably a good idea that I didn't do it whilst pregnant. However, if it was something I was doing regularly and then became pregnant, that may have been fine. I'm guessing the lady I saw was probably a seasoned triathlete, at least I hope that was the case!
My total time was 2:00:14, my goal was to finish in 2 hours or less.
The first modern long-distance triathlon event was the Hawaiian Ironman. It included a 2.4 mile (77 laps) swim, a 112 mile bike ride, and a 26.2 mile run. The idea was conceived during the awards ceremony for a 5 person team running race in Oahu in 1977.
My event only consisted of an 800 meter swim (1/2 mile), 18mile ride and 3 mile run.




25 comments:

Eli said...

Way to go!!! I often have wondered if I could do it, But I'm not so sure I want to do it. You go girl!

振宇 said...

自拍短片國中自拍免費自拍小魔自拍影片做愛自拍線上台灣自拍論壇台灣自慰影片台灣色小說台灣色文學台灣色文學網台灣情kiss網台灣情網色網台灣論壇區外國色片外國色情網站外國色情影片外國免費a片外國免費色情外國免費影片外國美女做愛外國美女圖外國美女圖片外國美女寫真孕婦做愛小說孕婦做愛自拍台灣論壇小說區台灣論台台灣線上a片王台灣情論壇台灣無限圖帖成人小說 言情小說 巨乳上班族聊天室

淑奇淑奇 said...

hahaha........................................

IrwinE_若愛Buchholz0723若愛 said...

若對自己誠實,日積月累,就無法對別人不忠了。..................................................

tyroneb said...

春冰薄,人情更薄;登天難,求人更難。 ............................................................

柯凡豐 said...

要持續更新下去喲!!祝你心情愉快.................................................................

許紀廷 said...

生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。.................................................................

涂宛臻 said...

知識可以傳授,智慧卻不行。每個人必須成為他自己。......................................................................

KrisMcmillen07星美 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................

ju吳phe宇te佳ns said...

初次造訪,安安^^..................................................................

育隆 said...

A contented mind is a perpetual feast...................................................................

楊儀卉 said...

No one knows the weight of anothers burden. ..................................................

楊偉馨楊偉馨 said...

蛛絲馬跡皆學問、落花水面皆文章............................................................

淑慧 said...

有夢最美啦~~加油!元氣滿點!..................................................................

蕙春蕙春 said...

出遊不拘名勝,有景就是好的..................................................................

林宜欣 said...

Of two evils choose the least...................................................

承王蓁 said...

Make hay while the sun shines...................................................

家唐銘 said...

Learning makes life sweet.......................................................................

黃以陳美苓富 said...

海鷗要高飛,必先遠退。花蜜要香醇,必先久釀。............................................................

王辛江淑萍康 said...

時時關心,時時感動。..................................................

瑞陳彥 said...

打聲招呼,祝你一切平安!............................................................

佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。............................................................

靜蔡蔡蔡蔡怡 said...

More haste, less speed..................................................................

舒夏怡 said...

培養健全孩子最好的方法是父母先成為健全的人。......................................................................

祁聿雨 said...

好的部落格就要和好朋友分享--感謝分享..................................................