Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Party








We're not really the "themed birthday" type at this stage. I'm happy to say that Logan prefers the outdoors and fishing to having Batman plates, matching hats, noisemakers, etc...Hey, I don't much mind either. Twenty screaming 4 or so year olds wired on sugar isn't as appealing as our "outdoor tradition". Well, that's not to say we didn't have cake and ice cream, we did! I made a Chocolate Cherry Surprise Cake in the Dutch Oven, it was tasty and quite simple. (last years Dutch Oven desserts were a Pineapple Upside Down Cake and Mississippi Mud Cake - OMG, they were delish!) Larry and I will occasionally watch an episode of "Outdoor Nevada" which was the inspiration for my Dutch Oven cooking intrest.
(That first picture just goes to show how crazy tired but excited the little guy was after fishing all afternoon)

No comments: