Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Deer Creek



Earilier in the week (Wednesday) my mom and I were introduced to a neat little jewel of a place nestled up in the Mount Charleston area, who knew...So on Sunday, the temperature was inching up to the 106* mark, I said, "Hey all, lets go up to Deer Creek and cool off." We did and we did. Mind you, Larry and I like to get away from other people when we can, this really wasn't one of those places, but it was beautiful, pine trees, smallish oaks, and a crystal clear stream which runs along several picnic spots and bbq pits, hey - I'll take 76* any day of the week! Harry and mom came up too and did such a great job up there, the elevation was a good 8,000 feet. I'm so proud of those two!
Larry and Logan had a marvelous time building a dam. They had created a very nice pool of water. I wouldn't be surprised if it's still there when we return, they really did a great job on it.
All the kids are really starting to play together - alot. Logan can be a little rough and annoying with the twins at times but we're just trying to be as consistant as possible with taming the critters.
This week there has been lots more noise (than usual) and we're having to get more creative at bedtime. They are staying up later, playing, running after one another and still manage to wake up at 6am, argh...
I think we'll be spending more time up on the mountain this summer, the heat here in the valley is extremely intense.
We'd love to have a pool but we've decided to wait til the kids are a little older.

No comments: