Monday, February 25, 2008

Family Day





Oh how I love Sundays. We always seem to do cool stuff on Sundays. Is it because we want to close our weekend with something fun so we can start a new week off with a positive? I dunno... On this particular Sunday, we met up with the Friends of Paleantology and went in search of various sea fossils. We met in the North Las Vegas area, Frenchman's Mountain for the first dig, Larry accompanied Logan while I waited for Spencer and Sendona to drift off to sleep. That did not happen so...I entertained the lil 'uns with songs, food and my silly, funny faces the entire 90 minutes they were away. Larry and Logan returned with some cool rock with teeny tiny fossils. The second part of the dig was another 20 miles away, near the Apex. This time I accompanied Logan while Larry hung out with the now "sleeping babies". I must have worn 'em out, eh...
The Professor (Steve) who led the excursion showed us some cool coral which was embedded in the rock. I even found my own trophy rock, it looked like long, hard strands of seagull poop, it was the long section of coral. The cross section looks groovy. Of course we brought home samples of everything we found.
After we returned home the kids were ready to play, especially after having to endure 4 hours in the car.
Did I say Sundays are wonderful? Just making sure... Anyway, no matter what day, being outdoors is our family's favorite way of being.








No comments: